Betty Kim, MD
"Gastroenterology is a rapidly evolving field with the continuous refinement and development of new tools and equipment to diagnose gastrointestinal disorders. Working closely with you and your referring provider, I strive to provide excellent care for my patients while educating you on your condition and treatment options in a comfortable and compassionate setting."
Dr. Kim graduated from the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor. She later completed her internship and residency in internal medicine and gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Michigan Medical Center. She focuses on Inflammatory bowel disease (including Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease), swallowing disorders and other general gastroenterology needs at The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology East. Dr. Kim is board certified in Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine and USMLE-Part I, II and III.
Education & Honors
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 2003
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 2000
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI, 1998
- MD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1997
- BS, Neurobiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1993
- Chief of Medical Education in Gastroenterology for residency training programs at Providence Portland Medical Center and Providence Milwaukie Hospitals, 2004-2012
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2012
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Member, Former Board Member, Oregon Gut Club
- Member, Oregon Medical Association