Alan D. Savoy, MD
Medicine has clearly changed over time. Patients are more educated and have more access to information than in the past. My job, as I see it, is to present information to patients about their conditions and have them make informed decisions regarding management and evaluation. The course of most diseases can be impacted and modified by open and honest communication between a physician and his patient.
Dr. Savoy graduated from the University of Nevada School of Medicine and is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He completed his internal medicine residency and advanced endoscopy ultrasound fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Savoy also completed his gastroenterology fellowship at the Mayo Clinic. While at the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Savoy received a research award and the Peer Excellence Award. He is a member of the American Gastroenterology Association.
In his spare time, Dr. Savoy enjoys playing drums in a local band and coaching youth girls fastpitch softball.
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2005
- Fellowship, Advanced Endoscopic Ultrasound, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2004
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2002
- MD, University of Nevada School of Medicine, 1999
- BA, Biology, University of Nevada, 1993
- Chief of Endoscopy Operation, Providence Milwaukie Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999
- Robert Daugherty Leadership Award, 1999
- Peer Excellence Award, Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 2002
- Research Award, Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 2002
- Member, American Gastroenterology Association
- IT Steering Committee, The Oregon Clinic, 2012-Present
- Marketing Committee, The Oregon Clinic, 2012-Present
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy