Virtual Visits (Telehealth)
The Oregon Clinic is pleased to offer virtual visits (telehealth). A virtual visit means you can have an appointment with your physician safely from home using a phone, tablet or computer.
Of course, not all health issues are right for a virtual visit. Your physician will let you know if a virtual visit is appropriate for you and your health needs. Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work to keep our patients, staff and community healthy.
How do I schedule a virtual visit?
If a virtual visit is appropriate for your health needs, you will be offered the option of a virtual visit at the time you schedule your appointment. If you aren't sure if a virtual visit is right for you, call your clinic office and your doctor will let you know.
How should I prepare before my virtual visit?
A few days before your visit, set up your technology using these instructions.
What should I do on the day of my appointment?
- Find a quiet, private place to have your visit.
- If you are using a phone or tablet for your visit, set it up so it is steady and the doctor can see you clearly.
- We understand that your car may be the best place to take your appointment. If so, please be parked in a safe location. Do not drive while on your virtual visit.
Have back up
- If possible, have a back-up phone, tablet or computer in case you have technical issues.
- Leave plenty of time to get ready for your visit to fix any technology issues that may come up.
- Join the visit 5 minutes before your scheduled visit time.
- A staff member at your doctor’s office will join the virtual visit at your appointment time and start the check-in process.
What does a virtual visit cost?
Virtual visits are billed to your insurance company just like a regular office visit and you may have a co-pay due.
What tech do I need?
The Oregon Clinic uses Microsoft Teams for video and audio during our virtual visits. You can use a smart phone, tablet, Mac, or PC with a microphone and camera. You may need to install the free Microsoft Teams app on your phone or tablet. A day or two before your visit, please set up your device using these instructions and check that your camera and microphone are working properly.
Do you have a virtual visit scheduled and are having technical problems?
If you have tech issues, call our IT help desk at 503-488-2488, Monday-Friday from 7 am - 5 pm. If you have a non-tech question, click here to find your clinic office's phone number. The IT help desk cannot answer questions about scheduling or appointments.