Matthew Solhjem, MD
We treat each patient as a whole person. My team and I provide state of the art, compassionate, evidence-based care.
Dr. Solhjem graduated from the University of Minnesota. He completed his internship in transitional medicine at the Meritcare Medical Center in Fargo, ND. Dr. Solhjem later finished his residency in radiation oncology at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and went on to become Chief Resident of Radiation Oncology at the Mayo Clinic. He currently focuses on brain tumors, breast cancer, head and neck cancer and other radiation oncology needs at The Oregon Clinic - Radiation Oncology. Dr. Solhjem brings the clinic several honors and awards, including the Resident of the Year Award and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Roentgen Resident Research Award. He has published articles in leading scientific journals on prostate seed implants and High Dose Rate brachytherapy for uterus cancer. Dr. Solhjem is also the principle investigator for the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. To refer a patient or request an appointment, please call: (503) 215-6029 for The Oregon Clinic at Providence Cancer Center or (503) 513-3300 for The Oregon Clinic at Providence Clackamas Medical Center.
In his free time, Dr. Solhjem enjoys cycling, hiking, reading, traveling, and exploring the Pacific Northwest.
- B.A., Summa Cum Laude, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1996
- M.D., University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2000
- Internship, Transitional Medicine, Meritcare Medical Center, Fargo, ND
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN
- Summa Cum Laude, University of Minnesota
- Portland Monthly Magazine, “Top Doctors” 2013
- Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Minnesota
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Roentgen Resident Research Award
- Internship, “Resident of the Year” Award
- Published articles in leading scientific journals on prostate seed implants, HDR brachytherapy for uterus cancer, SBRT for lung cancer.
- Research has been presented at national meetings.
- Member, American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- Principle Investigator for Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) for Western Oncology Research Consortium
- Member, American Society for Clinical Oncology
- Member, American Brachytherapy Society
- Member, Leksell Gamma Knife Society