Bobak Ghaheri, MD
The dialogue that occurs between patients and their doctor is crucial in their understanding of what is normal and abnormal. I pride myself in being able to communicate what needs to happen to address the reason for the patient's visit. I am able to do so in a pragmatic, but often light-hearted, manner to give patients as much information as possible so they can make informed decisions about their health.
Dr. Ghaheri graduated from Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus, OH. He later completed his internship in general surgery and his residency training in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). He brings The Oregon Clinic Ear, Nose & Throat - East several honors and awards, including his induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and the Golden Key National Honor Society. He is a member of several organizations and associations, including the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, and the Oregon Medical Association. Dr. Ghaheri is also the Clinical Instructor at the Portland VA Medical Center.
Dr. Ghaheri is one of the only physicians on the West Coast offering laser treatment for tongue-tied babies. If a baby is tongue-tied, it can be difficult for the baby to breastfeed. Dr. Ghaheri’s in-office treatment releases the tie, allowing the baby to latch properly.
Dr. Ghaheri specializes in cosmetic procedures with The Oregon Clinic - The Center for Aesthetic Medicine. He performs facial fillers, toxins, CO2 laser procedures, upper and lower blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), rhinoplasty (nasal surgery), earlobe repair, scar revision, and skin cancer treatments. Click here to learn more about The Center for Aesthetic Medicine and our services.
- BA, Spanish and Anthropology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 1994-1998
- MD, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, 1998-2002
- Internship, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), Portland, OR, 2002-2003
- Residency Training, Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), Portland, OR, 2003-2007
- Presidential Scholarship, The Ohio State University, 1994-1998
- Dean’s List, 1994-1998
- Alpha Lambda Delta/Phi Eta Sigma, 1995
- Golden Key National Honor Society, 1997
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1998
- Summa Cum Laude, 1998
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2002