Treadmill Test or Stress Echocardiogram Instructions
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 2 to 4 hours prior to testing.
- If you are diabetic, a small snack is OK to be eaten prior to study.
- STOP beta blockers 24 hrs (e.g., Atenolol, Betapace, Bisoprolol, Carvedilol, Coreg, Labetolol, Lopressor, Metoprolol, Propanolol, Tenormin, Toprol, Sotalol, Zebeta, Ziac) prior to your appointment unless otherwise instructed.
- If you do not know if you were instructed to hold this medication or are not sure if you are taking a beta blocker, please call the clinic before testing.
- Avoid strenuous activity the day of your test.
- Avoid smoking 24 hours before test.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear for exercise. Do not wear sandals, heals, or backless shoes; we will reschedule your test or provide you with appropriate socks for walking on the treadmill.
If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 503-692-0405.