Sclerotherapy Foam Injection Treatment Discharge Instructions
- Maintain a normal level of activity beginning the day of your procedure. Walking is encouraged and helps prevent potential complications. Avoid prolonged standing or sitting for the first week following treatment and try to elevate your legs as much as possible when you are not walking. This is particularly important in the first 24 hours.
- Avoid heaving lifting for 7 days.
- Wear your compression stocking for the next 7 days, day and night. You may remove it every day to shower.
- You should expect some discomfort in the area of the vein that was injected. The vein will appear bruised and will turn a golden brown before it eventually fades. This area will feel tender, slightly hard and lumpy to the touch, this is normal.
- The doctor recommends you take Ibuprofen (400‐600mg) by mouth 3 times a day for any discomfort. If you are allergic to Ibuprofen, you should take Tylenol (650mg) by mouth 4 times a day.
- Please call our office at 503‐281‐0561 if you have any questions or concerns.
- You should call our office immediately if you experience severe pain, swelling, fever, or bleeding.
- Please schedule a follow up appointment following your procedure. The doctor will let you know when you will need to be seen again.