Preparing for Your First Dietitian Appointment
Before your first session:
- Keep a food diary. Keep track of everything you eat or drink for at least 3 days before your appointment, including the amount and time consumed.
- Complete the GI Nutrition questionnaire. This can be found here and asks basic questions regarding your eating habits and health history.
- Bring a list of supplements you take.
At each session, your dietitian will:
- Address your medical and nutrition history.
- Discuss your eating and nutrition habits and behaviors.
- Provide education for improving and/or maintaining nutrition practices to help meet your health care goals.
- Develop a set of personalized goals. These goals take into account lifestyle, previous nutrition background, and eating habits, financial concerns, readiness for change, and your own priorities.