Laser & Sclerotherapy Procedure Instructions
- We must be notified if you become pregnant or are currently breast feeding.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to each treatment. Do not use creams or lotions.
- Each treatment requires your skin to be as close to its natural color as possible.
- Bring shorts and your support stockings to each appointment.
- Any missed appointments without a 24-hour notice will be charged $50.00 as this inconveniences other patients.
- Leave your hose on for 24 hours. Then you may remove the bandages and take a shower.
- Wear the support stocking for 1 week, daytime, after each treatment.
- The veins will look worse before they look better.
- There will be bruising, which is normal. The speed of healing is different in every individual.
- Occasionally, there may be a firm knot that may feel tender. This is normal and will resolve with time.
- Occasionally, there is a brownish discoloration following treatment. This is transient and will fade over time. It can take weeks to months to fade.
- Occasionally, there will be tenderness in the area treated. Over-the-counter Ibuprofen will help with this discomfort.
- You are not required to refrain from normal activity, including exercise.