Endovenous Laser Treatment Discharge Instructions
- No driving on the day of the procedure.
- Maintain a normal level of activity beginning the day of your procedure. Walking is encouraged and helps prevent potential complications. Avoid prolonged standing or sitting for the first week following treatment and try to elevate your legs as much as possible when you are not walking. This is particularly important in the first 24 hours.
- Avoid heaving lifting for 7 days.
- Bruising is common along the length of the laser treated vein.
- Wear your ace wrap for the first day and night following the procedure. The following day, you may remove it to shower and then replace it with the compression stockings we provided. You will wear the compression stockings night and day for the next 7 days. Stockings may be removed every day to shower or exercise.
- You should expect some discomfort for 2 weeks. This may increase and feel like a “pulling sensation” along your inner thigh. The doctor recommends you take Ibuprofen (400‐600mg) by mouth 3 times a day. If you are allergic to Ibuprofen, you should take Tylenol (650mg) by mouth 4 times a day.
- Please call our office at 503‐281‐0561 if you have any questions or concerns.
- You should call if you experience severe pain or swelling, fever, or bleeding.
- Please schedule a 1 month follow up appointment.