Scott Soot, MD, FACS
I believe my first duty is to educate my patients about their disease. Only then can we make a personalized plan to take care of their medical concerns in the way that suits them best.
Dr. Soot is an Oregon native and started his surgical practice in 2000. He completed his medical school and residency at Oregon Health & Sciences University in Portland, and went on to start practice in Portland. He is Board Certified in General Surgery and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is married and has two children.
He enjoys all aspects of General Surgery in his practice. He has a particular interest in melanoma, laparoscopic surgery, and hernia repair. He also has a focus on colon and small bowel disease, gallbladder disease, breast cancer, melanoma, and soft tissue masses.
When he is not practicing surgery, he enjoys a wide variety of outdoor activities, including boating, fishing and alpine skiing.
- Residency, General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2000
- Residency, Research Resident, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1998
- Internship, Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1995
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1994
- BS, Biology, University of Portland, Portland, OR, 1990
- Martin Howard Memorial Scholarship, 1999
- Resident Cancer Research Award: Oregon Chapter, American College of Surgeons, 1997
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, North Pacific Surgical Association
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Portland Surgical Society