Courtney Jackson, ND
I believe integrating naturopathic medicine with conventional care can create a powerful foundation for patients to heal and to achieve greater wellness. With a personalized and holistic approach to their healthcare, I work in partnership with my patients to help them achieve their goals.
Courtney lives on a small farm in Hood River with her family and a variety of furry and feathered farm animals. She is an avid reader and a creative cook who enjoys preparing new dishes without using recipes. She also enjoys active time in nature, including walking, skiing, hiking, and biking.
- ND, National University of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR, 2008
- BS, Resource Ecology Management, University of Michigan, School of Natural Resources and Environment, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2000
- Distinguished Service Award for Founding, Leading, and Developing the Food as Medicine Institute, NUNM, 2017
- TedX Montreal Speaker, 2016
- Making a Difference Award, NUNM SGA, 2013
- Making a Difference Award, NUNM SGA, 2011
- Tippens KM, Erlandsen A, Hanes DA, Graybill R, Jackson C, Briley J, Zwickey H. "Impact of a short-term whole-foods-based nutrition education intervention on dietary behavior and diabetes risk markers: a pilot study". Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Feb 2019.
- Briley J, Jackson C. "Food as Medicine Everyday- Reclaim Your Health With Whole Foods". NUNM Press, 2016.
- Board Member, Gorge Grown Food Network
- Member, Hood River Valley High School College Scholarship Committee Member
- Board Member, Zenger Farm, 2011-2013
- Member, Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians