Brintha Enestvedt, MD, MBA
Improving a patient's quality of life is what drives me to continue practicing every day. Sometimes that involves performing a procedure; sometimes it is a medication, and sometimes it is reassurance — all of these are equally important in ultimately helping the patient live their best life.
Dr. Enestvedt chose to focus on gastroenterology because of her interest in the cognitive aspects of diseases of the multiple GI organs as well as the ability to use her hands to perform procedures.
Dr. Enestvedt completed extra training in advanced endoscopy at the University of Pennsylvania in order to perform complex ERCPs, endoscopic ultrasound, radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's esophagus, endoluminal stenting, and creative endoscopy. Dr. Enestvedt also practiced at a tertiary care academic center for seven years prior to joining The Oregon Clinic and has managed some of the most complex pancreaticobiliary disorders in Oregon and Southern Washington.
Dr. Enestvedt holds an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management that she completed while in medical school at Northwestern University. “Having an MBA has helped me better understand the complexities of our health care system and the stresses many patients endure for good health care in the US,” she says.
Dr. Enestvedt thrives on solving problems. “When the problem involves a person whose quality of life is impacted by disease, I am even more motivated to work with them to find a solution or explore remedies to improve their health.”
Outside of work, Dr. Enestvedt is a fitness enthusiast and has two energetic daughters and a husband who keep her busy with outdoor activities. They enjoy exploring Central Oregon, mountain biking, hiking, skiing, and paddle boarding.
- Board Certified - Gastroenterology
- Board Certified - Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Advanced Endoscopy, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2012
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2011
- Internship & Residency, Internal Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2008
- MD, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 2005
- MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 2004
- BS, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 1997
- OHSU Anesthesia Services Advisory Committee, Gastroenterology MD representative, 2016-2020
- OHSU GI Faculty Practice Plan, Developer and Organizer, 2017-2018
- Multidisciplinary taskforce to select and implement Provation at OHSU, Gastroenterology MD lead, 2016-2017
- GI Fellow Interview and Selection Committee, 2013-2017
- Course director, OHSU Best of DDW CME course, 2014-2016
- GI Core Curriculum Committee: bi-annual evaluation of fellow progress, 2015-2017
- American College of Gastroenterology Gender Equity Research Award (Mentee: awardee, Role: Principal Investigator of study), 2014
- Recipient of Leadership Education and Development Program (LEAD), ASGE, 2013-2014
- Recipient of the Pediatric Endoscopy Research Award (DDW 2012: North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition), 2012
- Winner, Resident-Fellow Paper Competition, Oregon Health & Science University, 2011
- Fellow Housestaff Teaching Award, Oregon Health & Science University, 2011
- Finalist, North American Gastroenterology Fellows Conference Abstract Competition, 2011
- Fellowship, Leadership Gastroenterology/Hepatology Fellows’ Travel Grant, 2010
- Resident Teaching Award, Oregon Health & Science University, 2008
- George C. Dennis Phi Rho Sigma Award for the foremost academic record in third year clinical clerkships, 2004
- Julius Conn Award for outstanding surgery student, 2000-2001
- President and Senator, Northwestern University Medical School Student Senate, 1997-2002
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with Honors, 1997
- Honors Thesis: Social Responsibility and the Tobacco Industry
- Enestvedt BK, Diamond S, Rodriguez SA. A Gender Comparison of Motivations for Seeking Leadership Positions Among Gastroenterologists. Gastrointestinal Endosc Jan 2020
- Case B, Foster B, Jensen K, Enestvedt BK, Bakis G, Sharzehi K, Shaaban A. Endoscopic Interventions in Pancreatitis: What the Advanced Endoscopist Wants to Know. Radiographics. 2018 Nov-Dec;38(7):2002-2018
- Elta GH, Enestvedt BK, Sauer BG, Lennon AM. ACG Clinical Guideline: Diagnosis and Management of Pancreatic Cysts. Am J Gastroenterol. 2018 Apr;113(4):464-479. doi: 10.1038/ajg.2018.14. Epub 2018 Feb 27
- Abbas AM, Strong AT, Diehl DL, Brauer BC, Lee IH, Burbridge R, Zivny J, Higa JT, Falcão M, El Hajj II, Tarnasky P, Enestvedt BK, Ende AR, Thaker AM, Pawa R, Jamidar P, Sampath K, de Moura EGH, Kwon RS, Suarez AL, Aburajab M, Wang AY, Shakhatreh MH, Kaul V, Kang L, Kowalski TE, Pannala R, Tokar J, Aadam AA, Tzimas D, Wagh MS, Draganov PV; LA-ERCP Research Group. Multicenter evaluation of the clinical utility of laparoscopy-assisted ERCP in patients with Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Gastrointest Endo
- Sonnenberg A, Enestvedt BK, Bakis G. Interventional Activism in Gastroenterology. Dig Dis Sci. 2017 Dec;62(12):3627-3628. doi: 10.1007/s10620-017-4786-5. Epub 2017 Oct 11.
- Enestvedt BK, DeVivo RS, Schmitt CM, Calderwood AH. Increase in female faculty in American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy-sponsored programming over time. Gastrointest Endosc. 2018 Apr;87(4):952-955. doi: 10.1016/j.gie.2017.09.031. Epub 2017 Oct 4.
- ASGE Endoscopic Management of Pancreatic Disease for the Advanced Endoscopist (April 2015)
- ASGE Post Graduate Course at ACG (2014)
- ASGE First Year Fellows Course (2013)
- ASGE Post Graduate Course Lecturer at DDW: Challenging ERCP (2019)
- AGA Post Graduate Course Lecturer at DDW: Pancreatic cysts (2019)
- Meet the Professor: Enteral Feeding at DDW (2019)
- ASGE STAR Lower EMR Course (2018)
- ERCP Bootcamp (2016)
- Olympus Frontiers Course (2016)
- ASGE STAR Lower EMR Course (2015)
- ASGE GI Bleeding Toolbox (2014)
- Breakfast with the Expert: EUS State of the Art, Digestive Diseases Week (2014)
- ASGE Postgraduate Course at ACG (2013)
- Endoscopic Video Forum, Moderator, Digestive Diseases Week (2013)
- ASGE First Year Fellows Course (2012, 2014)
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American Gastroenterology Association