Brian Stater, MD
Dr. Stater received his medical degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York. Originally from Eugene, Oregon, Dr. Stater attended Whitman College in Washington and graduated magna cum laude with a degree in biochemistry. After graduating from medical school, Dr. Stater completed an Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital, training at both Columbia University and Weill-Cornell Medical Centers, as well as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Stater also enjoys running, snow sports and spending time with his wife and two daughters.
- Residency, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, 2016
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, 2011
- BA, Biochemistry, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA, 2005
- W. Shain Schley, MD Resident Teaching Award, New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia and Weill-Cornell), Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, 2016
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa, Whitman College Chapter, 2005
- Magna Cum Laude, with Honors in Biochemistry, Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA, 2005
- Wang A, Stater B, Kacker A. Intratonsillar Abscess: Three Case Reports and a Review of the Literature. Int J Otorhinolarynol. 2013 Apr; 77(4):605-7
- Stater B, Oomen K, Modi VK. Tracheal Cartilaginous Sleeve Association with Syndromic Midface Hypoplasia. JAMA Otolarynol Head Neck Surg. 2015 Jan; 141(1):73-7.
- Kohlberg G, Stater B, Kutler D, Kuhel W, Cohen M. Carotid Space Mass. JAMA Otolarygnol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 140(12): 1237-8.
- Lee A, Stater B, Close L, Rahmati R. Are e-cigarettes effective in smoking cessation? Laryngoscope. 2014 Nov; 125(4): 785-7.
- Cohen M, Patel K, Gromis J, Kutler D, Kuhel W, Stater B, Schulman A, Hoda R, Scognamiglio T. Retrospective evaluation of frozen section use for thyroid nodules with a prior fine needle aspiration diagnosis of Bethesda II-VI: The Weill Cornell Medical College experience. World J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg (2015) 1, 5-10.