Anne Wang, MD
I believe the patient experience with his/her physician should be comfortable, personal and allow active participation in meaningful healthcare decision making. I strive to engage the patient in the conversation about his/her health issues and I feel strongly the patient has much to bring to the discussion about improving his/her health. As healthcare becomes more complex and technology-based, it is all the more important to ensure the patient- physician relationship is preserved and fostered.
Dr. Wang graduated from Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in Portland, OR. She completed her internship and residency at the University of California in San Francisco, Department of Internal Medicine. Dr. Wang finished her gastroenterology fellowship also at the University of California in San Francisco. She brings The Oregon Clinic - Gastroenterology East several honors and awards, including being elected the Teacher of the Year from the Providence Portland Medical Center. Dr. Wang was also featured in Portland Monthly Magazine as a "Top Doctor" for three consecutive years. She is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology.
Dr. Wang enjoys cooking, hiking, gardening, travelling and camping with her family.
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1993
- Residency, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1990
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1988
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1987
- BS, Biology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1983
- Endoscopy Medical Director, The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology - East, 2012
- Excellence in Teaching Award Nomination, UCSF School of Medicine, 1994
- Teacher of the Year, 1997, Providence Portland Medical Center
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2007
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2008
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Member, American College of Gastroenterology