Clifford Canepa, MD, FACS
Plastic Surgery is an art based on a sound understanding of science and anatomy. My extensive experience in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery allows me to fully understand your needs and suggest the best treatment options.
I graduated from Albany Medical College in Albany, New York and completed my General Surgery and Plastic Surgery residency at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU).
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, I perform the full spectrum of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeries. Hand surgery, a sub-specialty of reconstructive plastic surgery, is a very gratifying area of focus to me. Hand ailments cause functional limitations that greatly impact a person's life. I am able to help people return to their normal activities, allowing them to fully engage in life. In addition, I find reconstructive surgery for breast cancer greatly fulfilling, as it allows me to help a patient move toward a future of normalcy and helps them get through a very difficult life experience. Helping a patient understand that they can be restored allows them to focus on becoming well, giving them added strength to overcome the challenges of cancer treatment.
I enjoy outdoor activities, including fishing, biking, and snowboarding, and thoroughly enjoy cooking and eating well.
- Plastic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- Fellowship, Hand Surgery, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY, 1990
- Residency, Plastic Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1989
- Internship and Residency, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1984
- MD, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, 1983
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2008
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2010
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2015
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2016
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
Dr. Canepa and his staff are amazing. I had a bi lateral mastectomy and afterwards I never even had to go to the window to check in the desk staff would greet me by name and automatically check me in. Dr. Canepa's head nurse is fantastic and always chatted with me and answered all my questions and acted like I was the only one in the office. Dr. Canepa himself listens to your concerns and goes over it with you and will go over and over and over it with you if need. Outstanding surgeon!