Guidelines for Patients Before Your Visit
As healthcare providers, we at The Oregon Clinic put the well-being of our patients and our staff first. We are glad to serve our patients with the care you and your family need.
In addition to in-person appointments, we also offer virtual visits (telehealth). Please call your clinic to speak with a scheduler, who will help determine whether your appointment can be a virtual visit or if an in-person appointment would be better for you.
PREPARING FOR YOUR NEXT VISIT
- If you have a runny nose/congestion, sore throat, fever, cough or shortness of breath or have been in contact with a person who has or might have COVID-19, please call the clinic before coming to your appointment.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance between you and others in our waiting rooms and lobbies.
- Per Oregon Health Authority regulations, patients and their families/guest must continue to mask in healthcare settings. All patients and their caregivers must continue to wear a mask even if they have been vaccinated for COVID-19—please bring a mask with you or we can provide one. Keep it securely attached around your nose and mouth for your entire visit. (How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask from the CDC)
- Guests and family members may be allowed to accompany you at your visit as long as they remain masked, although we ask that you keep the number of guests minimal.
MAKING SURE OUR PATIENTS & STAFF ARE HEALTHY & SAFE
We have put extra measures in place to make sure patients and staff are safe at our clinics:
- Adding time between procedures to allow for extra cleaning, in addition to our normal sanitizing and disinfecting processes.
- Reducing physical contact between our team members and patients whenever possible.
- Requiring all staff, patients and guests to wear masks in all patient areas, including the waiting room.