Specialty Medicine with Commitment, Care, and Compassion
Founded in Portland in 1994, The Oregon Clinic is committed to delivering the highest quality patient care, practicing evidence-based medicine, and providing leadership for the healthcare community.
As the largest private specialty physician practice in Oregon, our goal is to provide individualized healthcare with respect and compassion to approximately 420,000 patients each year. We collaborate with primary care physicians and use a team approach to address health conditions in 30 specialty areas at 60 specialty clinic locations across northwest Oregon and southwest Washington.
The Oregon Clinic’s Board of Directors, made up of physician shareholder, has always considered the impact of our business decisions on the health of our patients and our community while ensuring our staff have an excellent workplace. In 2016, we registered as an Oregon Benefit Company to publicly declare our commitment to community benefit and to formalize our long-standing approach to our business.
Throughout our history, we have also made the commitment to serve low-income patients who have Medicaid, Medicare or no insurance at all. Many of the approximately 420,000 patients we serve each year are low-income, resulting in more than $50,219,000 in community benefit care as defined by the State of Oregon Community Benefit reporting statute.
We also provide community benefit by:
- Prioritizing an excellent workplace by providing exceptional benefits and respect for our staff. We were awarded the Top Workplace designation three years in a row: 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Improving environmental benefit through added energy efficiencies at our Gold LEED Certified building.
- Providing leadership in the medical community as program directors, chairs or members of committees and boards.
- Providing thousands of hours of critical hospital call.
- Training the next generation of specialists through fellowship programs and residencies.
- Sponsoring medical foundations, sports teams, and non-profits.
You can download our 2016 Community Benefit Assessment here.