David Grunkemeier, MD
As a Gastroenterologist with an additional two-year fellowship in Inflammatory Bowel Disease from UNC at Chapel Hill, an internationally recognized Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center of Excellence, I strive to compassionately increase and modernize the quality of care for all my patients. Complementing this scholarly approach, I practice a style of medicine rooted in old-school tradition, where medical care begins with listening to the patient and building a strong doctor-patient relationship.
Dr. Grunkemeier graduated from the University of California in San Diego (UCSD). He completed his internship and residency at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). Dr. Grunkemeier later completed his gastroenterology and hepatology fellowship at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. He also completed a subsequent advanced fellowship in inflammatory bowel disease also at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Dr. Grunkemeier brings The Oregon Clinic- Gastroenterology West several honors and awards, including the APA Research Travel Award. He was also awarded the Excellence in Presentation of a Scholarly Paper Research Symposium for Science from UCSD three consecutive years.
- B.S., Microbiology, University of California, San Diego, 1996
- M.D., University of California, San Diego, 2000
- Internship/Residency, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2003
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 2006
- Advanced Fellowship in Inflammatory Bowel Disease, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, June 2005-June 2007
- Clinical Instructor of Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, June 2007
- Excellence in Presentation of a Scholarly Paper at Research Symposium for Science, UCSD 1993, 1994, 1995 Provost Honors List 1994, 1995
- Recipient of Wyeth-Ayerst Fellowship Grant for participation in DDW 2000
- Recipient of APA Research Travel Award, November 2005
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2015