This specialty focuses on surgical and non-surgical treatment of conditions and problems that affect the hand. Care is focused on the restoration of tissues and parts that make the hand function correctly or improve its appearance.
If your hand is impaired in any way, surgery may improve your condition. This type of very specialized surgery can treat diseases that cause pain and impair the strength, function and flexibility of your wrist and fingers. Surgery seeks to restore to near normal the function of fingers and hands injured by trauma or to correct abnormalities that were present at birth. Specifically, hand surgery can treat:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
Hand surgery is a highly individualized procedure which can be performed on people of any age and is a good option if:
- You do not have additional medical conditions or other illnesses that may impair healing
- You are a non-smoker
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for your hand surgery
- You are committed to following your plastic surgeon's prescribed course of treatment
- You have wounds or painful conditions that require surgery
We are currently welcoming new patients. Please see our list of office locations to the right to find the location closest to you.
Once selecting a location, you can either call to schedule an appointment or click on a provider of your choice and request an appointment online.
Log into your online portal, MyHealth Connection, to request an appointment online, retrieve your medical records, request prescription refills, and communicate with your office.
If you don't have a log in, you can click on your office location to the right, and call or click on your provider to request an appointment.
To expedite your check-in process, please print and complete any applicable forms from our patient portal, MyHealthConnection (no login required).
To refer a patient to our practice, please visit the Office Location page of your choice to conveniently submit your referral online or call us at the number listed.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – a condition caused by pressure to the median nerve within the wrist, or carpal tunnel. You might feel pain, a tingling sensation, numbness of the fingers, weakness or aching. Carpal tunnel syndrome is associated with multiple conditions including: repetitive motion or overuse, fluid retention during pregnancy, injury to the nerve in the carpal tunnel or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – a disabling disease that can cause severe inflammation in any joint of the body. In the hand, it can deform fingers and impair movement.
- Dupuytren's contracture – a disabling hand disorder in which thick, scar-like tissue bands form within the palm and may extend into the fingers. It can cause restricted movement, bending the fingers into an abnormal position.
- Trigger Finger
- Treatment of Degenerative Conditions of the Hand
- Treatment of Inflammatory Conditions of the Hand
- Treatment of Arthritic Conditions of the Hand
- Treatment of Traumatic Conditions of the Hand