Steven DeMeester, MD, FACS
There is typically more than one treatment option for patients with a problem. What I like to do is identify the problem and then provide patients with some options for their treatment and discuss the pros and cons of the options so they can really decide what's best for them and their situation at that time.
Dr. DeMeester earned his medical degree at Loyola Stritch School of Medicine in Chicago and completed a residency in General Surgery at the University of Michigan. He completed a Cardiothoracic Surgery residency at Washington University in St. Louis. To gain further expertise with complex foregut problems and to refine his skills in minimally invasive laparoscopic and thoracoscopic procedures he undertook a one-year esophageal surgery fellowship at the University of Southern California. He joined the faculty of the USC Department of Surgery in 1997. He received his board certification in thoracic surgery in 1997.
Dr. DeMeester enjoys racquet sports, hunting, fishing, traveling, and skiing.
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- BS, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI, 1983
- MD, Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, 1987
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1988
- Residency, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1993
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, Washington University Medical Center/Barnes Hospital, 1996