Sara Villegas-Ospina, MHS, PA-C
I aim to provide culturally competent care with my patient’s goals at the center of all decisions. It is my greatest hope that if I do my job correctly, by creating individualized care and empowering patients to find their voice, patients can reach their healthcare objectives.
Sara chose to enter into pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine because it gives her the opportunity to help patients improve two of the most critical components in life—breathing and sleep. Through this specialty, she is able to delve deep into cases and use complex science and medicine to solve difficult problems for her patients. She enjoys having the privilege to participate in my patient’s lives and give them the tools to be successful.
After graduating from Quinnipiac University’s top-rated PA program, Sara has prioritized supplementing her medical education with courses and experiences in medical ethics, medical anthropology, and cultural sensitivity. She is also bilingual in English and Spanish.
When she is not working, Sara enjoys exercise, dance, exploring the Pacific NW beauty, and going for walks through town. She also take frequent trips to the East Coast, where she is from, to visit and spend time with family.
- Quinnipiac University PA Program Professional Excellence Award (2017)
- Elected Class Officer of the Quinnipiac University Physician Assistant Class of 2017
- National Society of Leadership and Success member (2012)
- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Program elected member (2011)
- Special Olympics Medical Team
- St. Vincent Medical Mission at Home
- Homeless Shelter Foot Clinics
- Meal Preparation for the Homeless
- Migrant Farmer Clinics
- American Liver Association Liver Life Walks
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Connecticut Academy of Physician Assistants
- Oregon Society of Physician Assistants