Miguel Gomez, MD, FACC
Outside of the office, Dr. Gomez enjoys music, sports, movies, and wine tasting.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, 1995
- Internship and Residency, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals Seattle, WA, 1989
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 1986
- BA, Biology, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, 1982
- Gomez MA, Anderson JL, Karagounis LA,Muhlestein JB and Mooers FB for the ROMIO Study Group, an Emergency Based Rapid Rule-Out Protocol Reduces Hospital Times and Cost: Results of a Randomized Study (ROMIO). JACC 1996; 28:25-33.
- Muhlestein JB, Gomez MA, Karagounis LA, Anderson JL. "Rescue Reo Pro": Acute Utilization of Abciximab for the Dissoution of Coronary Thrombus as a Complication of Coronary Angioplasty. Circulation 1995;9.
- Gomez MA, Anderson JL, Karagounis LA and Mooers FB, for the ROMIO Study Group, Reduced Hospital lime and Cost Using an Emergency Room Based Rapid Rule-Out Myocardial lschmia Protocol: Results of the ROMIO Study, Phase I. Circulation 1994; 90:1-324.
- Anderson JL, Gomez MA, Karagounis LA. Challenges of Thrombolytic Therapy: Very Early Thrombolysis for Acute Myocardial Infarction. AmJ Cardiology 1993;11:5-12.
- Gomez MA, Karagounis LA, Allen A, and Anderson JL. Effect of Cigarette Smoking on Coronary Patency after Thrombolytic Therapy for Myocardial Infarction. AmJ Cardiology 1993; 72:373-78.
- Gomez MA, Karagounis LA, Anderson JL. Does an Allergic-type Reaction to Streptokinase or Anistreplase Affect Patency Status Following Thrombolysis for Acute Myocardial Infarction. JACC 1993; 21 :348A.
- Gomez MA. Thrombolytic Therapy for Pulmonary Embolus. The Independent 1990; 2:8.
- Gomez MA. Salient Aspects of Cocaine Abuse. The Independent 1990; 1 ;10.
- Dicarlo LA, Gomez MA, Morady F. Factors Predicting Safe Early Hospital Discharge After Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia or Ventricular Fibrillation with Amiodarone. JACC 1987; 9:47A.
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Fellow American College of Cardiology
Your people are the greatest. I have been seeing Dr. Gomez since he came to Oregon. I made a great choice when I selected him.
Dr. Gomez is always concerned about your well being and life style and answers all questions. Dr. Gomez always puts you at ease and is a straight shooter.
The staff in the office was great and very friendly and nice and caring and just made you feel comfortable and Dr. Gomez is one of the best doctor's ever because he takes the time to really look through the information and asks questions, who he thinks about things, you don't feel rushed out, like he really cares what he does and cares about you.
I have been a patient of Dr. Gomez for several years. He's the reason I'm alive today because of his care and doing the right thing at the right time. Very knowledgeable cardio doctor.
From checking in to seeing the Dr. the staff was very nice to me. Dr. Gomez listened to me on what I had to say and I understood every thing he was telling me. I will be seeing them all again. Thank you all.