Michael Sheffield, MD
The best part of my job is getting to know my patients in order to care for them better. The disease process is what we have to manage, but knowing the patient well enables us to approach the process together as a team. Not every medical problem has the same answer for each person and knowing the person gets us to the right answer. I really enjoy caring for my patients and love the relationship we have developed over the years.
Dr. Sheffield is married and has three children. His family is very involved in the community, schools and their church. Dr. Sheffield enjoys time with his wife. They travel and stay involved in marriage ministry at their church. He will never be found far from his iPad or whatever the newest Apple product is.
- BA, Biology, University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA, 1981
- Diploma-Physician & Surgeon, Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, 1986
- Fifth Pathway Certification, University of California Irvine, Long Beach, CA, 1998
- Internal Medicine Residency, University of California Irvine, Long Beach VA Medical Center, Long Beach, CA, 1998 - 1991
- Gastroenterology Fellowship, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, 1991 - 1993
- Member, Oregon Clinic Executive Committee
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- Member, Oregon Medical Association