Michael Mosier, MD, FACS, FCCM
I believe in providing compassionate, empathetic care to those in need and doing it right the first time.
Dr. Mosier completed general surgery training at Loyola University, followed by fellowships in trauma, surgical critical care and burns at the University of Washington. He has been active in teaching and research at Loyola University and returned to the Pacific Northwest to provide quality care closer to home and family.
Dr. Mosier enjoys running, marathons, triathlon, golf, cooking, and time with wife and children.
- General Surgery
- Critical Care
- Fellowship, Burn, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 2010
- Fellowship, Surgical Critical Care, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 2009
- Internship and Residency, General Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL, 2008
- MD, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO, 2003
- BA, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO, 1999
- Stritch School of Medicine Humanism in Medicine Award
- Juan Angelats Distinguished Service Award
- University of Washington Henry Harkins Surgical Society
- John L Keeley Traveling Fellowship
- Eagle Scout
- Mosier MJ, Peter T, Gamelli RL. Need for mechanical ventilation in pediatric scald burns: why it happens and why it matters. J Burn Care Res 2016;37(1):e1-6. PMID: 2628437.
- Beck A, Cooney R, Gamelli RL, Mosier MJ. Predicting Mechanical ventilation and Mortality: Early and Late Indicators in toxic epidermal necrolysis. J Burn Care Res 2016;37(1):e47-55. PMID: 26594858.
- Cooney R, Beck A, Gamelli RL, Mosier MJ. Not all drugs are created equal: the importance of causative agent in Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis. J Burn Care Res 2016;37(1):e69-78. PMID: 26594865.
- Low C, Syed D, Khan D, Tetik S, Hoppensteadt D, Mosier M, Fareed J. Modulation of interluekins in sepsis associated clotting disorders: interplay with coagulation derangement. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 2017 Jan;23(1):34-39. PMID: 27449508.
- Van Langeveld I, Gagnon RC, Conrad PF, Gamelli RL, Choudhry MA, Mosier MJ. Multiple-drug resistance in burn patients: a retrospective study on the impact of antibiotic resistance on survival and length of stay. J Burn Care Res 2016 Dec 9 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 27984411.
- Faraklas I, Yang D, Eggerstedt M, Zhai Y, Liebel P, Graves G, Dissanaike S, Mosier M, Cochran A. Antibiotic therapy in patients with necrotizing soft tissue infections (NSTI). Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2016 Dec;17(6):773-778. PMID: 27834617.
- Thalji SZ, Kothari AN, Kuo PC, Mosier MJ. Acute kidney injury in burn patients: clinically significant over the initial hospitalization and one year after injury. Ann Surg 2016 Sep 8 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 27611620.
- Campos JK, Wong YM, Hasty BN, McElligott KA, Mosier MJ. The effect of socioeconomic status and parental demographics on activation o department of child and family services in pediatric burn injury. J Burn Care Res 2016 Nov 11[Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 27893581.
- Hasan S, Tromblay D, Szilagyi A, Parthasarathy M, Mosier MJ, Gamelli RL, Muthumalaiappan K. Myelo-erythroid commitment after burn injury is under beta-adrenergic control through MafB regulation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2016 Dec 28: [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 28031160.
- Rech MA, Mosier MJ, Zelisko S, Cooper RS, Netzer G, Kovacs EJ, Afshar M. Comparison of automated methods versus the American Burn Association sepsis definition to identify sepsis and sepsis with organ dysfunction/septic shock in burn-injured adults. J Burn Care Res 2017 Feb 22. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 28230556.
- American Medical Association
- Fellow, FACS, American College of Surgeons
- American Burn Association
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Council of General Surgeons
- International Society for Burn Injuries
- Association for Academic Surgery
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (EAST)
- Shock Society
- Fellow, FCCM, American College of Critical Care Medicine
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST)