Melvin Morganroth, MD
Doing what is right for the patient's care is my primary concern.
Dr. Morganroth graduated from the University of Michigan and later completed his residency in internal medicine at Yale University. He finished his fellowship in pulmonary and critical care at the University of Colorado. Dr. Morganroth currently focuses on interstitial lung disease, lung cancer and pulmonary infections at The Oregon Clinic - Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine. He has been featured as one of the Best Doctors in America and is the Director of the Clinical Research Unit for The Oregon Clinic - Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1984
- Internship and Residency, Internal Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT, 1981
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 1978
- BS, Political Science and Botany, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1974
- Director, Clinical Research Unit, Pulmonary Division, The Oregon Clinic
- Best Doctors in America
- Teacher of the Year, Providence Medical Center, 1991
- Morganroth ML, Mohrman DE, Sparks HV. Prolonged Vasodilation Following Fatiguing Exercise of Dog Skeletal Muscle. American Journal of Physiology 229(1):38-43, Jul 1975.
- Morganroth ML, Young EW, Sparks HV. Prostaglandin and Histaminergic Mediation of Prolonged Vasodilation After Exercise. American Journal of Physiology 233(1):H27-H33, Jul 1977.
- Margolin KA. Morganroth ML. Basophilic Leukemia and Hyperhistaminemia: A Case Report. Connecticut Medicine 46(8):441-442, Aug 1982.
- Petty TL, Morganroth ML. Respiratory Failure and The Heart - Revisited, 1982. Heart and Lung: The Journal of Acute & Critical Care 11(1):29-32, Jan-Feb 1982.
- Voelkel NF, Morganroth ML, Stenmark K, Fedderson OC, Murphy RC, Reeves JT. Leukotrienes in the Lung Circulation: Actions and Interactions. In: Third Banff Symposia on Hypoxia and Altitude. Progress in Clinical and Biological Research 136:141-153, 1983.
- Morganroth ML, Morganroth, JL, Nett LM, Petty TL. Criteria for Weaning From Prolonged Mechanical Ventilation. Archives of Internal Medicine 144(5):1012-1016, May 1984.
- Morganroth ML, Reeves JT, Murphy RC, Voelkel NF. Leukotiene Synthesis and Receptor Blockers Block Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction. Journal of Applied Physiology 56(5):1340-1346, May 1984.
- Morganroth ML, Stenmark KR, Zirrolli JA, Mauldin R, Mathias M, Reeves JT, Murphy RC, Voelkel NF. Leukotrien C4 Production During Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction in Isolated Rat Lungs. Protaglandins 28(6):867-876, Dec 1984.
- Morganroth ML, Murphy RC, Stenmark KR, Reeves JT, Voelkel NF. Possible Contribution of Leukotrienes to Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction. Progress in Respiratory Research 10:11-16, 1985.
- Morganroth ML, Stenmark KR, Morris KG, Murphy RC, Mathias M, Reeves JT, Voelkel NF. Diethylcarbamazine Inhibits Acute and Chronic Hypoxic Pulmonary Hypertension in Awake Rats. American Review of Respiratory Disease 131(4):488-492, Apr 1982.
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, American College of Physicians
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Thoracic Society
- Member, American Federation of Clinical Research
- Member, American Physiologic Society