Lorraine Gohman, PA
I love working in medicine; every day there is more to learn.
Lorraine first started working with patients in the hospital as a candy striper, or teen volunteer, at the age of 13. She became inspired to focus her career path on helping patients through difficult times. Lorraine trained as a Respiratory Therapist at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota for 10 years and then spent 8 years working in a pulmonary clinic as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
Lorraine then decided to back to school to become a Physician Assistant (PA) and has worked in the field of neurosurgery ever since. Before joining The Oregon Clinic, she spent 10 years working as a neurosurgery PA in a level III trauma center, where she gained valuable experience in brain and spine injury and care.
Lorraine chose to be a PA so she could follow a single patient through the initial office visit, surgical procedure and post-operative care. She enjoys the complexity of neurosurgery and is fascinated by working with aspects of both the brain and spine.
Outside of work, Lorraine enjoys rowing, tandem bicycling with her husband, hiking with their dog, painting dogs, quilting and cooking.
- MS, Physician Assistant, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI, 2008
- BS, Molecular and Cell Biology, Winona State University, Winona, MN, 1995
- AS, Respiratory Therapy, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Rochester, MN, 1988
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Member, American Society of Respiratory Care
- Member, American College of Chest Physicians
- Member, American Association of Physician Assistants
- Physician Assistant Certified