Kathy Dodson, RN, MN, FNP-C
My goal is to provide patients and their families with the tools and education they need to achieve the greatest quality of life. I believe that healthcare should be a partnership between the patient, their family and their medical providers. I feel that listening is one of the most important skills any provider can possess and always strive to put the patient at the center of care.
Kathy has a rich foundation of patient care experience. She spent many years as a registered nurse prior to becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner and has worked in public health, hospital nursing, home care, and nursing education. She has been practicing neurology since 2010 first with a focus on epilepsy care and more recently, Parkinson’s Disease and movement disorders. She enjoys working with patients of all ages, but is especially fond of geriatric care.
Kathy is an avid gardener, birdwatcher and nature lover. She is also the proud mother of two grown daughters.
- ADN, Nursing, Grays Harbor College, Aberdeen, WA, 1997
- BS, Nursing, Washington State University, Vancouver, WA, 2005
- MS, Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, Washington State University, Vancouver, WA, 2007
- Graduated from WSU – Summa cum Laude
- Recipient of President’s Scholar Award several times
- Two time recipient of Renee Hoeksel Nursing Leadership Scholarship
- Authored original article Cardiovascular Effects of Sleep Apnea, published in the June 2008 edition of The Journal for Nurse Practitioners.
- Nationally Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, American Epilepsy Society