Jill Shaw, DO, FACOG
The aim of my practice is to provide consistent, compassionate, quality healthcare from a provider who knows you by name. I see my role as an advisor and patient advocate to help patients make informed decisions about their gynecologic care.
Dr. Jill Shaw completed her B.A. in Human Biology at Stanford University in Stanford, CA. She received her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Ohio University of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, OH. Dr. Shaw completed an internship at Firelands Regional Health System in Sandusky, OH and her residency at Akron General Medical Center in Akron, OH. Dr. Shaw brings many awards to The Oregon Clinic, including the Social Medicine/Medical Humanities Award from Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Mentor of the Year at Firelands Region Health System. Dr. Shaw areas of focus include but are not limited to minimally invasive daVinci® laparoscopic hysterectomies and minimally invasive surgical solutions for benign gynecologic conditions.
When Dr. Shaw is not working, she enjoys hiking and backpacking. She loves the beauty and diversity of the Pacific Northwest.
Since July 2016, Dr. Shaw has stopped delivering babies and stopped providing obstetric care in order to focus on gynecology and gynecologic surgery. Dr. Shaw is enjoying more time with her husband and exploring Oregon's great outdoors.
- BA, Human Biology, Stanford University, Stanford California, 1987-1991
- Post baccalaureate coursework in General, Organic and Biochemistry, University of Akron, Akron, OH, 1993-1994
- DO, Ohio University of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, OH, 1995-2000
- Intern, Traditional Rotating Internship, Firelands Regional Health System, Sandusky, OH, 2000-2001
- Resident, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH, 2001-2004
- Chief Resident, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, OH, 2004-2005
- OB/GYN, Columbia Memorial Hospital Women’s Center, Astoria, OR, 2005-2007
- OB/GYN, Healthcare Specialists NW, PC, Portland, OR, 2007-2008
- OB/GYN, Jill M. Shaw, DO, P.C., Portland, OR 2008-2012
- Osteopathic Honor Society, Sigma Sigma Pi, 1996
- Northwest CORE Award, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2000
- Social Medicine/Medical Humanities Award, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2000
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Award, Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2000
- Mentor of the Year, Firelands Region Health System, 2001
- First Place Research Paper, 47th Annual Scientific Session, Akron General Medical Center, 2004
- First Place Research Presentation Psychiatry (co-investigator), Akron General Medical Center, 2005
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2014