Jeffrey Robinson, MD
I strive to build a relationship of trust and understanding with every individual I care for. This foundation allows for us to develop a personalized treatment plan to provide the best possible care.
After growing up in Bend, Oregon and attending Oregon State University, Dr. Robinson obtained his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. He completed his internship and residency at University of California, Davis, with an additional year as Chief Resident. He then completed his Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship at University of Colorado, where he completed advanced training in pulmonary vascular diseases and joined faculty as assistant profession. He has published numerous articles and book chapters on topics relevant to pulmonary hypertension and is excited to bring his expertise to The Oregon Clinic.
Outside of work, Dr. Robinson enjoys spending time with his family especially introducing his young children to the many outdoor activities that Oregon has to offer.
- Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, 2016
- Chief Resident, Division of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2012
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA, 2011
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, 2008
- BS, Biology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2003
- Entelligence Young Investigator Award, 2016
- American Thoracic Society Pulmonary Circulation Travel Award, 2015
- Chief Resident, University of California, Davis, CA, 2011-2012
- Academic Forum Research Award, University of California, Davis, CA, 2011
- Medical Degree with Distinction in Cellular and Molecular Biology Research, 2008
- Oregon State University Alumni Physician Scholarship in Medicine, 2004
- Kumar R, Mickael C, Kassa B, Gebreab L, Robinson JC, Daniel Koyanagi D, Linda Sanders, Barthel L, Meadows C, Fox DL, Irwin D, Li M, B. Mckeown, Riddle SR, Brown RD, Morgan L, Evans C, Hernandez-Saavedra D, Bandeira A, Maloney J, Bull TM, Janssen W, Stenmark K, Tuder RM, Graham BB. TGF-β Activation by Bone Marrow-Derived Thrombospondin-1 Causes Schistosoma- and Hypoxia-Induced Pulmonary Hypertension. Nat Comm. 2017 May 30;8:15494. PMID: 28555642
- Robinson JC, Abbott C, Meadows CA, Roach RC, Honigman B, Bull TM. Long-term health outcomes in high altitude pulmonary hypertension. High Alt Med and Bio. January 2017 (ePub ahead of print). PMID: 28061144
- Tuder RM, Robinson JC, Graham BB. Fatty acid metabolism, BMPR2 and the right ventricle. Am J Resp Crit Care Med. 2016 Sept 15;194(6):655-6. PMID: 27628075.
- Robinson JC, Pugliese SC, Fox DL, Badesch DB. Anticoagulation in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Curr Hypertens Rep. 2016 Jun;18(6):47. PMID: 27137522.
- Robinson JC, Graham BB, Rouault TC, Tuder RM. The crossroads of iron with hypoxia and cellular metabolism: Implications in the pathobiology of pulmonary hypertension. Am J Resp Cell and Mol Biol. 2014 Dec;51(6):751-729. PMID: 24988529
- Tuder RM, Robinson JC, Graham BB. Fat and cardiotoxicity in hereditary pulmonary hypertension. Am J Resp Crit Care Med. 2014 Feb 1;189(3):247-9. PMID: 24484329.
- Tuder RM, Stacher E, Robinson JC, Kumar R, Graham BB. Pathology of pulmonary hypertension. Clin Chest Med. 2013 Dec; 34: 639-650. PMID: 24267295.
- Macht M, Robinson JC, Graham BB. Updated approach for the assessment of ventilator associated pneumonia. Crit Care Med. 2013 Nov; 41(11): 2641-2. PMID: 24162675.
- Robinson JC, Fox DL, Pugliese S, Dempsey JE, Graham BB, Bull T, Badesch D. Endothelin Receptor Antagonists. In: Rubin LJ, et al. Pulmonary Circulation: Diseases and Their Treatment, 4th Edition. Taylor and Francis Publishers; 2015.
- Robinson JC, Kumar R, Tuder RM. Defining characteristics of pulmonary hypertension. In: Maron B, et al. Pulmonary Hypertension: Basic Science to Clinical Medicine. Springer Group; 2015.
- Member, Pulmonary Hypertension Association, 2017 – Present
- Member, Pulmonary Vascular Research Institute, 2016 – Present
- Member, American Thoracic Society, 2012- Present