Jane Luu, MD
I am committed to providing my patients with the highest quality cardiovascular care that is evidence based, up to date, and compassionate. I specialize in a wide range of minimally invasive procedures to treat cardiac, structural, and vascular disease.
Dr. Luu received her Bachelor’s of Science at University of Virginia and her Doctorate of Medicine at Sidney Kimmel/Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. She completed her Internal Medicine Residency at University of Illinois- Chicago and her Cardiology Fellowship at Virginia Commonwealth University. During her Cardiology Fellowship she also completed her Masters in Public Health. She then completed a 2 year Interventional Cardiology Fellowship at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, CA, where she received comprehensive training in complex Coronary, Peripheral, and Structural Heart Procedures. She has co-authored a chapter in Topol and Teirstein’s Textbook of Interventional Cardiology (current, 7th edition) and has given multiple oral and poster presentations at the American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association, European Society of Cardiology, Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics, and Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions.
Dr. Luu also speaks fluent Vietnamese.
Dr. Luu is a fan of multiple Philadelphia sports teams including the Eagles, the sixers, and the Phillies. She enjoys running and hiking and is an avid follower of UVA basketball.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Interventional Cardiology, Scripps Clinic, La Jolla, CA, 2013
- Fellowship, Cardiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, 2011
- MPH, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, 2011
- Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2008
- MD, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, 2005
- BS, Biochemistry, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 2001
- AHA Women in Cardiology Trainee Award for Excellence
- AOA Clinical Teaching Award
- Chief Cardiology Fellow
- Excellence in Publication Award
- 1. Luu JT, Stinis CT. Percutaneous Intervention for Non- ST Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes. Eric Topol and Paul Teirstein (Eds.) Textbook of Interventional Cardiology, 7th edition, Chapter 19. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders Oct 2015
- 2. Luu JT, Ali O, Feldman TE, Price MJ. Percutaneous closure of paravalvular leak after transcatheter aortic valve replacement. J Am Coll Cardiol Intv. 2013; 6(2):e6-e8