Irene Gielen, NP
As a nurse practitioner, patient centered care is my utmost priority. Positive patient experiences are my goal.
Irene completed her nursing degree in 2010 and has been working in patient-centered healthcare roles since 2004. At The Oregon Clinic, she supports patients undergoing surgical oncology, focusing on pancreatic surgical patients. Previously, Irene worked as a certified oncology nurse, helping patients undergoing chemotherapy with kindness and compassion. Irene is especially skilled in assisting patients in their unique journey of medicine. Irene's favorite part of her job is being able to make a positive difference and help people in their most challenging moments.
Outside of work, Irene enjoys supporting her local community through a variety of volunteer activities, from planting trees to caring for the poor and disenfranchised. When not working with people or plants, Irene likes to relax with a good book, solve puzzles, and experiment with vegan baking.
Education & Honors
- MSN, Gonzaga University, Spokane, WA, 2021
- BSN, Concordia University, Portland, OR, 2010
- Sigma Global Nursing Excellence Masters Graduate of Nursing studies, Delta Chi-at-Large Chapter
- Holy Apostles Orthodox Church, Vancouver, WA 2014 – present
- Member, American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), 2019 - present
- Member, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNPs) of Washington State, 2018 - present
- Member, Nurses Service Organization (NSO), 2016 - present
- Member, Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), 2014 - present