Erica Heagy, FNP-BC
As a Nurse Practitioner I strive to provide a comfortable environment for my patients by listening and building a strong provider-patient relationship. I am passionate about patient education and empowering them to take an active role in their overall health. As part of a team, I am committed to provide the highest quality medical care to treat and prevent digestive diseases. I view the provider-patient relationship as a partnership, and believe that each encounter with a patient is an opportunity to provide knowledge that will assist them in the medical decision making process.
Ms. Heagy completed her B.S. in Exercise Sports Science from Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR. She received her M.S. in Nursing and completed the Family Nurse Practitioner program at the University of San Francisco. She also completed the Public Health and Certified Nurse Specialist- Medical/surgical degrees from University of San Francisco. Ms. Heagy is a member of the inflammatory Bowel Disease division and a preferred provider with Crohn’s Colitis Foundation (CCF). Ms. Heagy is a member of several organizations, including the American Gastroenterology Association, American Nurses Association and the Oregon Rural Health Association. She is also a national speaker on Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). She treats patients at The Oregon Clinic Gastroenterology - East.
When she is not working, Mr. Heagy enjoys competing in triathlons, hiking and other outdoor activities with her Golden Retreiver and husband.
- Public Health Nurse, 2004
- MSN, FNP, CNS, University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2004
- BS, Exercise Sports Science, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2001
- Member, Advanced Practice Committee, Crohn's Colitis Foundation
- Member, Northwest Chapter Medical Advice Any Committee, Crohn's Colitis Foundation
- Member, National Scientific Advisory Committee - Government and Industrial Affairs, Crohn's Colitis Foundation
- Clinical Site Coordinator, Quality Care Program for Adults with IDB, QORUS, Crohn's Colitis Foundation
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2019
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors and Nurses," 2016
- Cum Laude, University of San Francisco, 2004
- Graduated with Honors, Oregon State University, 2001
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Preferred Provider, Crohn’s Colitis Foundation (CCF)
- Member, Crohn’s Colitis Foundation
- Member, American Nurses Association
- Affiliate member, American College of Gastroenterology
- Member, American Gastroenterology Association
- Member, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Member, Oregon Rural Health Association