Elizabeth Schimmel, MD
It is an honor and a privilege to be a physician. Building a relationship with my patient to provide the highest quality care is my goal.
Dr. Schimmel chose to focus on otolaryngology (issues of the ear, nose and throat) because it allows her to treat a variety of complex and interrelated issues—speech and swallowing, voice and breathing, hearing and balance—that are crucial to patients’ quality of life.
Outside of work, Dr. Schimmel enjoys backpacking, hiking, skiing, gardening, spending time with her husband and learning Spanish. She likes living in Portland because of the amazing food and easy access to the outdoors.
- Residency, Otolaryngology, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2018
- MD, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, 2013
- BA, Bard College at Simon's Rock, Great Barrington, MA, 2007
- Excellence in Resident Teaching Award (2018)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2011)
- William Forrest Hutchison Community Service Award (2011)
- Member of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Member of Oregon Academy of Otolaryngology
- Member of Gold Humanism Society