Elisabeth Boulos, MD
I am committed to empowering patients and their families with education and to building trusting relationships with open communication. It is my privilege to guide people through all aspects of their health and disease and to provide them with dignity and compassion at even the most difficult times.
Dr. Boulos completed her undergraduate degree at Columbia University, in her hometown of New York City, before crossing the ocean to spend a year studying at Cambridge University in England. She returned to New York for medical school at Mount Sinai School of Medicine and completed her training in Internal Medicine at Yale New Haven Hospital. She ventured west to the University of Pittsburgh for fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and has now completed her journey westward to the Pacific Northwest.
Outside of work, Dr. Boulos enjoys traveling, learning Italian, cooking, and hiking. She has also given expression to her love of teaching as a certified fitness and dance instructor. She is excited to explore the culinary scene and hiking trails of Oregon.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, 2011
- MPhil, Classics, King's College, Cambridge University, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2007
- AB, Classics, Columbia College, Columbia University, New York, NY, 2006
- Dr. M. Ralph Kaufman Award for Excellence in Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2011
- Fellows Track Symposium Award, American Thoracic Society, 2015
- Selected into Research Education in Advancing Investigative Careers (REACH) Program at the Institute for Clinical Research, University of Pittsburgh, 2016
- Flynn M, Sacks, E., and Kass D, “Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Biomarkers: Clinical Utility and a Way of Understanding Disease Pathogenesis.” Journal of Current Biomarker Findings, 14 May 2015 Volume 2015:5 Pages 21-33.
- Boulos, E., Weissman, A., Elmer, J, Callaway, C. “Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in the Post-Cardiac Arrest Population,” in progress.
- Selected Member, Ethics and Conflict of Interest Committee, American Thoracic Society
- Member, Critical Care Assembly, American Thoracic Society
- Member, American Thoracic Society