Desiree Bley, MD, FACOG
Always looking for the silver lining in everything.
Born in Montana and raised in Southern California, Dr. Bley attended medical school at St. Louis University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium in San Antonio, Texas. She is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Bley served in the military as a Major in the U.S. Army, practicing Obstetrics and Gynecology in Germany for six years. Prior to joining The Oregon Clinic in 2007, she took a year off to be a full time mom to her new twins, a boy and a girl, and her older son.
Dr. Bley and her husband enjoy travel, yoga, biking and spending time with their three young children. Most of all, they love living in Portland. She also likes traveling with her kids, home renovation, and is a secret Project Runway fan.
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, San Antonio, TX, 1998
- MD, St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1994
- BS, Biology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, 1990
- Chair of Department, OBGYN and Pediatrics at Portland Providence Medical Center
- Quality Management Board
- Fellow, ACOG, 2001
- Medical School Class Secretary
- Army HPSP Scholarship, 4 years
- Cum Laude, Loyola Marymount University, 1990
- Dean's Honor List, 1985 - 1990
- Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Honor and Academic Society)
- Helen L. McCormick Scholarship, 1988
- Award of Merit in Life Sciences, 1986
- Founder's Scholarship, 1986
- At her children's schools
- Fellow, American College of OB/GYN, 2001 - Present
- Junior Fellow, American College of OB/GYN, 1994 - 2000
- Member, Military Medical Student Association, 1990 - 1994
- Student Member, American Medical Association, 1990 - 1994
Dr Bley is FANTASTIC. She's super knowledgeable, listens to concerns and presents you with all the information you need to make sounds decisions regarding your health. And.... she's super funny! Love her, she's my new favorite dr!!!