Desiree Bley, MD, FACOG
Always looking for the silver lining in everything.
Born in Montana and raised in Southern California, Dr. Bley attended medical school at St. Louis University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium in San Antonio, Texas. She is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Bley served in the military as a Major in the U.S. Army, practicing Obstetrics and Gynecology in Germany for six years. Prior to joining Women’s Health Today in 2007, she took a year off to be a full time mom to her new twins, a boy and a girl, and her older son.
Dr. Bley and her husband enjoy travel, yoga, biking and spending time with their three young children. Most of all, they love living in Portland. She also likes traveling with her kids, home renovation, and is a secret Project Runway fan.
- BS, Biology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California, 1990
- MD, St. Louis University, School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1990 - 1994
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium, San Antonio, TX, 1994 - 1998
- Chair of Department of OBGYN and Pediatrics at PPMC
- Quality Management Board
- Dean's Honor List, 1985 - 1990
- Founder's Scholarship, 1986
- Award of Merit in Life Sciences, 1986
- Helen L. McCormick Scholarship, 1988
- Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Honor and Academic Society)
- Cum Laude, Loyola Marymount University, 1990
- Army HPSP Scholarship, 4 years
- Medical School Class Secretary
- Fellow, ACOG, 2001
- At her children's schools
- Student Member, American Medical Association, 1990 - 1994
- Member, Military Medical Student Association, 1990 - 1994
- Junior Fellow, American College of OB/GYN, 1994 - 2000
- Fellow, American College of OB/GYN, 2001 - Present