Carly Griffin, FNP
I believe one of my most important roles for my patients is to provide education that will enable them to be active participants in their health care. I strive to collaborate with my patients to develop strategies that not only meet our treatment goals but also take into consideration their unique life situations and perspectives on health.
Carly began her career as a registered nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Linfield College with the intent to return to school to become a nurse practitioner. As an RN, she worked in inpatient medicine in intermediate care, telemetry, and respiratory care units. Her experience as an acute care RN solidified her goal to become a nurse practitioner, and she obtained her doctorate degree from University of Portland’s Family Nurse Practitioner program. As a nurse practitioner, Carly strives to provide holistic care for her patients and their families. She believes that education and a strong patient-provider relationship is crucial to providing high-quality care and ensuring that patients are best equipped to reach their health and life goals. She speaks Spanish.
She enjoys working on projects around the house, getting into the outdoors at every chance possible, and experimenting in the kitchen.
- Residency, Wallace Medical Concern, Gresham, OR, 2017
- Residency, Emergency Department, Providence Newberg, OR, 2017
- Residency, Samaritan Evergreen Hospice House, Albany, OR, 2017
- DNP, Family Nurse Practitioner Program, University of Portland School of Nursing, Portland, OR, 2017
- BSN, Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing, Linfield College, Portland, OR, 2011
- Medical Spanish Course, 2009, 2011, 2013
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2022
- Health Clinic Translator, Voz Worker's Rights, 2011-2012
- Support in ED, Hospital Atlántida, 2011