Bruce Webber, MD, FACS
"As a plastic surgeon I have participated in the care of thousands of women with breast cancer. From diagnosis, to completion of reconstruction and long-term follow-up, I collaborate with a team of breast surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, reconstructive surgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists, naturopaths, physical therapists, counselors, and primary care providers. Much of my role is to help patients understand their illness and treatment options while applying the latest evidence-based recommendations and surgical techniques to their reconstruction. I consider myself a patient advocate and partner as well as medical advisor and surgeon. I enjoy all aspects of surgery from getting to know patients and their families, to planning and executing complex surgical techniques and long-term care plans. In addition to breast cancer care, I enjoy using my extensive plastic surgery experience helping patients with skin cancer treatment, cosmetic procedures, and gynecologic reconstruction."
Dr. Webber completed his residencies in plastic and reconstructive surgery and general surgery at Oregon Health and Sciences University as well as a fellowship in surgical oncology. He has been the Instructor of Surgery for the Trauma Division and the Clinical Instructor of Surgery at OHSU. He has given numerous presentations on various medical topics all over Oregon and serves on multiple medical leadership committees. Dr. Webber is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons. He was recently named in Portland Top Docs for the second time in 2016.
Dr. Webber enjoys participating in all his family activities, sports, exercise, boating, travel and playing with his Plott hound dog, JoJo.
- Residency, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Oregon Health & Sciences University, Portland, OR, 1987
- Fellowship, Division of Surgical Oncology, Oregon Health & Sciences University, Portland, OR, 1983
- Residency, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Sciences University, Portland, OR, 1985
- Internship, Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, Portland, OR 1980
- Fifth Pathway Program, University of California, Irvine, California College of Medicine, Irvine, CA 1978
- MD, Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico, 1977
- BA, Biology, Willamette University, Salem, OR, 1973
- Medical Staff President, St. Vincent Hospital, 2002-2004
- President, Oregon Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2001-2002
- Medical Staff President Elect, Plastic Surgery Department Chairman, St. Vincent Hospital, 2000-2002
- Portland Top Doctors 2016, 2008
- American Cancer Society, 1995
- American Cancer Society, 1993
- Member, St Vincent Hospital Credentials Committee, 2016-present
- Chair, Emergency Room Call Committee 2016 - present
- Member, Emergency Room Call Committee 2008-2016
- Member, Portland Interhospital Physicians Association 2011-present
- Collegium for the Study of the Spirit of Medicine, Foundation for Medical Excellence, 2000 - present
- Chair, Plastic Surgery Section, St. Vincent Hospital, 2002-2004
- Chairman, Breast Center Steering Committee, 2001-2002
- Member, Executive Committee, St Vincent Hospital, 1997-1999
I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of May 2018. Dr. Webber was part of my surgical team that performed the lumpectomy and breast reconstruction. He did a wonderful job with the surgery. Most important, however, was his ‘bedside manner.’ He made time for me if I was concerned about even minor things. I never felt uncomfortable or rushed. He's just simply an amazing surgeon and a fabulous human.