Brian Lee, MD, PhD
My aim is to provide the best possible quality of life for patients by utilizing the latest in evidence-based medicine combined with compassionate care to tailor each treatment on an individual basis.
Dr. Brian Lee specializes in radiation oncology because it combines the rewards and challenges of cancer care with his interest in physics and biology. He enjoys interacting with patients while using cutting-edge technology to treat their cancer. He feels privileged to be in a position to help patients going through one of the most difficult times in their lives.
Dr. Lee likes living in Portland because of the city’s amazing dining, accessibility to top-notch science and arts as well as outdoor activities. He spends his free time biking, hiking, traveling, cooking and being with family.
Education & Honors
- Residency, Chief Resident, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 2007
- Fellowship, Prostate Seed Implant Fellowship, Seattle Prostate Institute, Seattle, WA, 2006
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Yale University, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT, 2003
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2002
- PhD, Experimental Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, 2001
- BA, Physical Chemistry, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, 1995
- 2011 Top Doctor, Seattle Metropolitan Magazine
- 1995-2002 NIH Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship, Yale University, New Haven, CT
- 1996 Gilead Research Fellowship
- 1994-1995 Howard Hughes Research Fellowship
- Lee B, Shinohara K, Weinberg V, Gottschalk A, Pouliot J, Roach M, Hsu I-C, HDR Brachytherapy Salvage for Local Prostate Recurrence After Radiotherapy: The UCSF Experience. IJROBP, 67(4): 1106-112, 2007.
- Lee B, Speight JS. Bladder Cancer. In: Hansen EK, Roach MR (Editors). Handbook of Evidence-based Radiation Oncology. New York: Springer, 2006.
- Lee B, Gottschalk A. Soft Tissue Sarcomas. In: Hansen EK, Roach MR (Editors). Handbook of Evidence-based Radiation Oncology. New York: Springer, 2006.
- Lee B, Speight JS. Mesotheliomas and Thymomas. In: Hansen EK, Roach MR (Editors). Handbook of Evidence-based Radiation Oncology. New York: Springer, 2006.
- Lee B, Nakamura JL. Bone Cancers. In: Hansen EK, Roach MR (Editors). Handbook of Evidence-based Radiation Oncology. New York: Springer, 2006.
- Yao ES, Zhang H, Chen YY, Lee B, Chew K, Moore D, Park CC. β1 Integrin is Associated with Overall Survival in Breast Cancer. Cancer Research, 67: 659-64, 2007.
- Moyer BD, McCoy DE, Lee B, Kizer N, Stanton BA. Adenosine Inhibits Arginine Vasopressin-stimulated Chloride Secretion in a Mouse IMCD Cell Line (mIMCD-K2). Am J Physiol 269(6): F884-91, 1995.
- Mohan R, Lee B, Panjwani N. Molecular Cloning of the E-cadherin cDNAs from Rabbit Corneal Epithelium. Curr Eye Res 14(12): 1136-45, 1995.
- Jiang Q, Lee B, Glashofer M, Jacobson KA. Mutagenesis Reveals Structure-Activity Parallels Between Human A2a Adenosine Receptors and Biogenic Amine G Protein- coupled Receptors. J Medicinal Chem 40(16): 2588-95, 1997.
- Jiang Q, Guo D, Lee B, Van Rhee AM, Kim YC, Nicholas RA, Schacter JB, Harden TK, Jacobson KA. A Mutational Analysis of Residues Essential for Ligand Recognition at the Human p2y1 Receptor. Mol Pharm 52(3):499-507, 1997.
- 2005-present American Brachytherapy Society
- 2003-present American College of Radiology
- 2003-present Radiological Society of North America
- 2003-present American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)