Barbara Resnick, MD
In an effort to provide the best possible care for my patients, I strive to be thorough, compassionate, and up-to-date on relevant medical issues.
Dr. Resnick has been practicing at The Oregon Clinic Portland Dermatology since 1998. She received her bachelor’s degree with honors in biology from Brown University and pursued environmental work in San Francisco before attending medical school at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. She completed her dermatology residency at University of North Carolina, where she was Chief Resident her senior year. She is board certified in dermatology.
Dermatology appealed to Dr. Resnick because she wanted to take care of both adult and pediatric patients, and be a diagnostician. She loves that dermatology is so visual. She also enjoys getting to know people and families over time and earning their trust.
Dr. Resnick volunteers her time with Project Access NOW. She also provided charitable care at The Wallace Medical Concern.
Dr. Resnick loves living in Portland as it has the amenities of a city with a small town feel and is close to both the mountains and the ocean. An outdoor enthusiast and local advocate, you can often find her jogging on the trails in Forest Park or cycling in the hills around Portland. She also loves traveling with her family, any activities with animals and wildlife, and knitting.
- Chief Resident, Dermatology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 1994
- Residency, Dermatology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 1994
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, 1991
- MD, University of Rochester, School of Medicine & Dentistry, Rochester, NY, 1990
- BA, Brown University, Providence, RI, 1984
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2020
- B Resnick, J Woosley and S Resnick, “Enlarging nodules on the toes of an infant,” Archives of Dermatology, 1995, 131:Off-center fold.
- Prize Awards Contest, Rochester Academy of Medicine, “Smoking and Infant Feeding,” March 1989.
- JS Berek, NF Hacker, L Lagasse, T Poth, B Resnick, R Nieberg, “Second-look laparotomy in epithelial ovarian cancer; variables predictive of disease status,”, Obstetrics and Gynecology, August 1984, 64:207-12.
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Member, Medical Society of Metropolitan Portland
- Member, Oregon Dermatology Society
- Member, Oregon Medical Association