Anthony Razzak, MD
As a proud member of The Oregon Clinic, I aim to provide the highest quality care to address gastrointestinal disorders with a priority on concise communication, evidence based practice, informed decision making, and patient satisfaction.
Born and raised in the south suburbs of Chicago, Dr. Razzak completed his undergraduate education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and medical school at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He performed his Internal Medicine Residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and his Gastroenterology Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA. In addition, he completed an advanced endoscopy fellowship at the Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, WA.
When he isn't working, Dr. Razzak enjoys spending time with his family and trying to keep pace with his two highly energetic kids who are constantly seeking adventure. When time permits, he enjoys cooking, reading, learning to fish the PNW waters, and catching up on Chicago sports.
- Internal Medicine
- Fellowship, Advanced Endoscopy, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 2016
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2015
- Residency and Internship, Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2012
- MD, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, 2009
- BS, Biology & Chemistry, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2003
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors", 2020
- Edward C. Rosenow Endowed Professorship Internal Medicine Residency Award - Mayo Clinic, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
- Carolyn Kuckein AOA National Student Research Fellowship - University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine
- Dr. C. M. Craig Fellowship - University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine
- Razzak A, Kozarek R. Diagnosis and endoscopic management of primary sclerosing cholangitis. Techniques in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2016; in press.
- Razzak A, Larsen M, Irani S, Gan SI, Ross A. Small-bowel obstruction due to a migrated lumen-apposing metal stent. Gastrointestinal endoscopy. 2016; in press.
- Razzak, A., Oxentenko, A., Vierkant, R., Tillmans, L., Wang, A., Weisenberger, D., Laird, P., Lynch, C., Anderson, K., French, A., Haile, R., Harnack, L., Slager, S., Smyrk, T., Thibodeau, S., Cerhan, J. and Limburg, P. Folate Intake and Molecularly-Defined Colorectal Cancer Risk in the Iowa Women’s Health Study (IWHS). Nutrition and Cancer. 2012 Oct; 64(7):899-910.
- Razzak, A., Oxentenko, A., Vierkant, R., Tillmans, L., Wang, A., Weisenberger, D., Laird, P., Lynch, C., Anderson, K., French, A., Haile, R., Harnack, L., Slager, S., Smyrk, T., Thibodeau, S., Cerhan, J. and Limburg, P. Alcohol Intake and Colorectal Cancer Risk by Molecularly-Defined Subtypes in a Prospective Study of Older Women. Cancer Prevention Research. 2011 Dec;4(12):2035-43.
- Boutros, C., Somasundar, P., Razzak, A., Helton, S., Espat, NJ. Omega-3 fatty acids: investigations from cytokine regulation to pancreatic cancer gene suppression. Archives of Surgery. 2010 Jun:145(6): 515-20.
- Aldridge, C., Razzak, A., Babcock, T., Helton, S., Espat, NJ. LPS-Stimulated RAW 264.7 Macrophage Inducible Nitric Oxide Synthase (iNOS) and Nitric Oxide Production is Decreased by an Omega-3 Fatty Acid Lipid Emulsion. Journal of Surgical Research. 2008 Oct;149(2):296-302.
- Razzak, A., Aldridge, C., Babcock, T., Saied, A., Espat, NJ. Attenuation of iNOS in an LPS-stimulated Macrophage Model by Omega-3 Fatty Acids is Independent of COX-2 Derived PGE2. Journal of Surgical Research. 2008 Apr;145(2):244-50.
- Cai, J., Razzak., A., Hering, J., Babcock, T., Espat, NJ. Feasibility Evaluation of Emodin (Rhubarb Extract) as an Inhibitor of Pancreatic Cancer Cell Proliferation in Vitro. Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 2008. March-April; 32:(2): 190-196.
- Hering J, Garrean S, Dekoj TR, Razzak A, Saied A, Trevino J, Babcock TA, Espat NJ. Inhibition of Proliferation by Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Chemoresistant Pancreatic Cancer Cells. Annals of Surgical Oncology, 2007 Dec;14(12):3620-8.
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy