Anika Denali Luengo, MD, FACOG
A native Portlander, Dr. Denali Luengo attended medical school at Oregon Health & Sciences University. She completed her residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose, CA. She is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Denali Luengo's interests include high risk obstetrics, cervical dysplasia, family planning, minimally invasive surgery, and general gynecology. She is fluent in Spanish and enjoys working with culturally diverse populations. She also enjoys working with patients from the LGBTQ community.
Dr. Denali Luengo is the mother of twins who delivered prematurely during her medical training, after a prolonged hospitalization for preterm labor. She has a deep respect and sensitivity for the challenges that a woman faces when pregnancy complications occur and as a result has become a strong patient advocate.
Dr. Denali Luengo delights in hiking, the outdoors & fitness. She also loves music, movies, foreign travel & salsa dancing. She spends her free time with her husband, twin son and daughter, and splendid family and friends.
Cesarean Rate for vertex twins study: Lead author Dr Andrew Chao, poster presentation at ACOG regional conference, Hawaii. November 2006
Fluent in English, Spanish, and German; proficiency in Tzutujil dialect.
- BS, Zoology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 1991 - 1997
- MD, Oregon Health & Sciences University, School of Medicine, Portland, OR, 1999 - 2004
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA, 2005 - 2009
- Member, Ethics Committee, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA, 2005-2009
- Fellow, ACOG, 2011-Present