Kirsten Kinsman, MD
While I am a specialist and enjoy the technical aspects of a gastroenterology practice, I believe that health is best improved by a partnership between patient and physician. I most enjoy caring for patients who are motivated to take responsibility for their health, in terms of both prevention and by making lifestyle changes that may lead to its improvement.
Dr. Kinsman graduated from Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. She later completed her residency in internal medicine at the University of Colorado and finished a fellowship in Gastroenterology at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) in Portland, OR. Dr. Kinsman focuses on colon cancer screening and prevention, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and other gastroenterology needs at The Oregon Clinic - Gastroenterology East.
When Dr. Kinsman is not working she enjoys cooking, gardening, fly fishing, watching soccer and spending time with her family.
- BS, Anthropology/Zoology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1986
- MD, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 1990
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1990-1993
- Fellowship, Gastroenterology, OHSU, Portland, OR, 1993-1996
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Graduated with Honors, University of Michigan, 1986
- High Distinction, Wayne State University, 1990
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Oregon Medical Association
- Endoscopy Medical Director, Providence Milwaukie Hospital
- Director of Capsule Endoscopy