Virtual Visits: Instructions for Desktop (PC)
STEP 1: Open email/calendar invitation you receive from the clinic. It will look similar to the screenshot below. All email programs and calendars look slightly different.
STEP 2: Click the “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” link in email body 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment. Give yourself time to test the meeting connection.
STEP 3: Click on Join on the web instead like below.
STEP 4: Click Allow/Yes to let Microsoft Teams to use your microphone and camera. This is necessary for your appointment to work. The message will look different depending on the internet browser you use (i.e. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
STEP 5: Enter your Name (First and Last) and click Join Now. Make sure the camera and microphone toggled on (pictured below).
Note: If your camera is working and turned on you should see your cameras view at this time.
STEP 6: When you are in the virtual visit, you may see the message “Someone in the meeting should let you in soon”.
STEP 7: Please wait and the MA or provider will be with you shortly.
Computer/Laptop Control Bar Key
- Camera button turns on and off webcam
- Microphone button turns on and off microphone
- Square button with up arrow allows you to share your screen
- Dialog icon/chat bubble allows you to type questions to the provider
- Red box with phone ends the visit (don’t click until visit is over)