Lee Swanstrom, MD, FACS
While one can not promise perfection, I do feel that my patients deserve the very best. I always strive to achieve positive outcomes by providing the best surgery, individually tailored to each persons needs. I specialize in advanced surgical techniques, especially endoscopic surgery, because I believe that it provides the most up-to-date care with the least pain and lifestyle disruption.
Dr. Swanstrom graduated from Creighton University in Omaha, NE. He later completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Emanual Hospital and Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). Dr. Swanstrom finished his fellowship in surgical endoscopy at the University of Western Ontario, London, ON. He brings The Oregon Clinic - Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery (GMIS) several honors and awards, including the Golden Scalpel Award for Excellence in Teaching from the Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ. He was also featured as one of Portland Monthly Magazines Top Doctors in 2006 and 2007. Dr. Swanstrom is the Director for the Legacy Minimally Invasive Surgery Program and the Fellowship Director for Legacy Minimally Invasive Surgery Postgraduate Fellowships.
Dr. Swanstrom is one of only two physicians in Oregon that implants LINX devices to control GERD. Learn more about LINX devices at: http://www.refluxmd.com/learn/resources/2013-05-28/2925/ten-things-you-n...
Dr. Swanstrom is also credited with performing the ﬁrst natural oriﬁce transluminal endoscopic surgery—NOTES—in the United States in 2007, a transgastric cholecystectomy.
- Undergraduate & Graduate, University of Colorado & University of Paris
- M.D., Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Internship & Residency, Emanuel Hospital and Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU), Portland, OR
- Fellowship, Surgical Endoscopy, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
- Portland Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors," 2006
- Portland Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors," 2007
- Former President, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- President Elect, Fellowship Council
- Co-Editor in Chief, "Surgical Innovation"
- Golden Scalpel Award for Excellence in Teaching, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, 2005
- Golden Scalpel Award for Excellence in Teaching, Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, 2006