David O'Brien, MD, FACS, FASCRS
Although I am a surgeon, I, too, have been a patient and had family members with serious medical problems requiring intensive medical treatments and operations. By combining the experiences I have gained through my training and practice with the experiences I have had as a patient and family member of a patient, I hope to provide a unique perspective that will help build a trusting relationship with every patient and family. I believe this trust is the foundation for a strong doctor-patient relationship and the key to providing the best medical care.
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA, and was a research fellow for the Division of Pediatric Surgery, Children's Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati, OH. Dr. O'Brien completed his internship at the University of Cincinnati, Department of Surgery. He later completed his internship and became Chief Resident at the University of Cincinnati, Department of Surgery. Dr. O'Brien completed a clinical fellowship in colorectal surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He brings The Oregon Clinic - Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery (GMIS) is the recipient of several prestigious honors, and has won the Resident Research Competition from the Cincinnati Surgical Society and the Resident Research Forum from the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Surgeons. He is also a fellow of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. David O'Brien specializes in the treatment of hemorrhoids through Northwest Hemorrhoid Center - A Service of The Oregon Clinic. Click here to learn more about this service.
- B.S., Biology, Davidson College, Davidson, NC, 1993
- Research Fellow, Transplant Immunology Laboratory, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 1994
- M.D., Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 1997
- Research Fellow, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, 1999-2001
- Chief Residency, Residency, and Internship, Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, 1998-2004
- Clinical Fellow, Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, 2004-2005
- Alpha Epsilon Delta, President, Davidson’s Pre-Medical Honor Society, 1992-1993
- Service Committee Chairman, Kappa Alpha Order, Davidson College, Davidson, NC, 1992-1993
- Phi Beta Kappa, Davidson College, Davidson, NC, 1993
- Ohio Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, Winner of the Resident Research Forum, 2001
- Cincinnati Surgical Society, Winner of the Resident Research Competition, 2001
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Beta Chapter of Ohio, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 2002
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery Speaker’s Bureau, 2007-Present